Why People Avoid Retirement
6 Common Mistakes People Make About Retiring
- Expecting All Unscheduled Time Will be Fun and Rewarding.
- Not Taking The Time to Discover New Directions and Purpose.
- Hoping That Having No Responsibilities Will be a Relief.
- Assuming It Will Be Easy to Fill in One’s Day.
- Allowing Fear to Inter(fear) With Pursuing One’s Dreams.
- Not Seeking the Professional Expertise of a Retirement Coach.
Questions About Retirement
What are you planning for the next phase of your life?
What dreams would you like to pursue?
How will you find meaning in your life after work?
I Can Help With Answers To Your Questions About Retirement
With 34 years clinical experience I am especially skilled in helping clients identify concerns and making a plan to help you achieve your retirement goals. If you are unsure what you will do when you retire; how to find meaning; or perhaps you and your spouse are facing new communication challenges; I combine decades of training with my blend of warmth, intellect, humor, compassionate questioning and a deep knowledge base to connect you with your experience and make a happy and successful retirement.
Get started now with a free 15-minute phone consultation. We can meet in person, by phone and through Skype. To set up the free 15-minute consultation email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 919.929.8559.
Need for Retirement Coaching
- Most people do not fare well in retirement. Thoughts and feelings about aging, loss of identity, structure, purpose and meaning create stress, anxiety and depression.
- People live an average of 30 years post retirement; one embarks on a new phase of life.
- Retired men over 72 years of age have the highest rate of suicide.
- There is increased boredom and feelings of lostness.
- Transition ‘from’ and readjustment ‘to’ is often difficult to navigate alone!
- Relationship changes from work buddies to the home require more developed communication skills, especially listening.
- Time, once filled by external demands, takes on a new meaning.
Benefits of Professional Help
- Having a successful retirement is more than just stopping work. Old and new feelings, and/or unresolved issues may surface and need to be explored! YOU NEED A PLAN!
- The ‘new’ retirement recognizes that baby boomers have decades of living post work.
- Retirement Coaches help you plan, consider, and dream big!
- As a Certified Retirement Coach, Ricki Geiger brings her 34 years of psychotherapy expertise to help her clients retire successfully.